The Short Stay Home is funded by the Central Social Welfare Board with the objective of providing protection and rehabilitation for those women and girls who are facing social, economic and emotional problems due to family problems, mental stress, social ostracism, exploitation or for such other reasons or causes which force them the into prostitution and are in moral danger.
The Short Stay Home will admit at an average of 30 inmates and 5-7 children. Children accompanying the mother will be permitted to stay in the Home till the age of 7 years, after which these children will be referred / admitted to other children’s Home or will be provided foster care services.
Services provided are:
- Temporary Shelter and safety women and girls from a day to 3 years
- Case work / Group Work and counseling services
- Food and other essential materials
- Medical care and psychiatric treatment
- Training for skill development / rehabilitation services and occupational therapy
- Education, Vocational and Recreational activities
- Job Placement
- Legal and Police assistance